• +44 (0)203 488 0377
  • Mon-Fri:  9:00am-18:00pm   Sat-Sun:  Closed

Below are some frequently asked questions and answers we get asked on our campaigning platforms. If you need specific help or

your question isn’t answered here, please ask it on our contact form contact


The Family Courts in the UK will primarily make decisions regarding children and finances post separation.
If the separation is not high-conflict then an alternative form of dispute resolution is Mediation. This can be used instead of going to court.
Cafcass (The Children and Family Court Advisory and Support Service) is a public body set up in England. Cafcass has a duty to safeguard children going through the family justice system, focusing specifically on their welfare
Children's Social Services can be ordered to be involved in a case if the family court feel that is needed. The role of Children's Social Services within this context is to work alongside other professionals to ensure that any children or young persons in a case receive appropriate care, education and health services.


In 2007 Parental Alienation was defined by Douglas Darnall (a U.S. psychiatrist) and Dr Amy Baker (a U.S. developmental psychologist) as “an unwarranted rejection of the alienated parent by the child, whose alliance with the alienating parent is characterised by extreme negativity towards the alienated parent. This happens when the actions of the alienating parent (deliberate or unintentional), adversely affect the relationship with the alienated parent.” Parental Alienation has now been acknowledged by CAFCASS in the UK who are apparently developing a range of diagnostic tools and procedures for addressing the symptoms in children. However, the acceptance of PA has not yet filtered down to frontline services and it is yet to be recognised by wider social services. It is very rarely acted upon by the courts due to it currently not being fully recognised by any government authority in the UK, despite an overwhelming, and fast-growing body of case evidence worldwide.
This is simply when one parent, in most cases the resident parent, denies contact between the children and the other parent. Contact denial does not automatically suggest it is a case of parental alienation. However, contact-denial is one of many abusive behaviours in cases of parental alienation.
In some cases of separations that result in contact denial the contact denier may well make false allegations against the other parent who is being denied contact and/or being alienated against. These allegations are often made with no evidence of foundation. In genuine cases of parental alienation, the alienator will put forward a false allegation to either further alienate, or gain access to legal aid.
This is a document that is normally written by the LIP or their legal counsel. In this statement the applicant sets out their case. A position statement can help bring some cases to an early conclusion. That is if the other party accepts the proposals. It is also useful for providing a brief plan of what is expected to be achieved by the applicant.


A Children's Guardian is part of Cafcass. The aim of the Children's Guardian is to attempt to keep the court focused on what is best for any children or young persons involved in the family court. A Children's Guardian will appoint a Children's Solicitor.
A legally trained person who provides advice to people going through the family courts and can speak for them in court if it is felt appropriate to do so.
Family law solicitors focus on issues involving family relationships, such as adoption, divorce, and child custody, among others. In our experience, if you are experiencing parental alienation/contact denial, there are very few high street family law solicitors that have the knowledge, experience and past success rate in managing complex cases such as those involving parental alienation.
A McKenzie Friend is a unqualified person who assists an individual representing themselves in court (known as a litigant in person, or LIP) in England and Wales, and Northern Ireland. We advise using the support of a McKenzie Friend whenever possible and can recommend some who have a good working knowledge of complex cases, such as those involving parental alienation. Please contact us you would like us to put you in contact with an appropriate McKenzie Friend. Please note: we never request payment from such individuals, nor request a finder’s fee for any referrals made.
A litigant in person (LIP) can directly access a barrister without going to a solicitor first. However, the LIP remains responsible for the day-to-day progress of their own case management. Direct Access Barristers would give a LIP advice and represent them in court to negotiate on their behalf.
An Independent Social Worker (ISW) will work as an expert witness in complex and high conflict care proceedings concerning child protection and child welfare within the family justice system. Any proposed assessment or intervention by an ISW has to be applied for via the court. Within our network of professionals we can signpost you to ISWs that are also Reconciliation Specialists. Such ISWs specialise in reconciliation work with cases of parental alienation. Please contact us if you like us to signpost you to an appropriate ISW. Please note: we never request payment from such individuals, nor request a finder’s fee for any professional referrals made.
We consider a refund within 14 days of purchase on a case-by-case basis and don’t offer unconditional refunds. Due to the increases of frauds in the industry (purchase a product and then request a refund to get the product for free), we only grant the refunds for some specific cases.